Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Work

I will soon join the world of part-time work. Although I'm counting down the days, I'm scared to death of the dreaded budget. We weren't very good at it when we were younger, but I'm hoping I've learned a few things. I won't be able to do lunch dates and I'll go a little crazy in the house, but I'll have work two days a week, outside the home. I think that's a good mix because there are Moms who stepped into the stay-at-home world and have seemed to have a contorted view on life. I mean, I'm very happy for them to be able to stay at home with the kids, but they somehow lose themselves. That's the one thing I don't want to do, lose myself. I'm quite sure they don't know it's happening or has happened, but from the outside, I want to slap 'em up side the head. I understand you're supposed to be involved in your children's lives and help rear them, but some Moms now live through their children.......and THAT is the scary part. These are the Moms that are so involved in their kids lives that they joint PTA and that becomes their sole mission, to never EVER leave their child's side. Which, in my opinion, tends to smother the kids, and is really some twisted form of stalker voyeurism. Be involved, but try not to distance your child with your inability to have a life in the real world.

Whoah! My biatch started about part-time work and here I am bashing stay at home moms! Please, I do understand there are a lot of Moms who are perfectly normal and don't go crazy. I hope recognizing it means I never become one.

No comments: