Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What Happened to Sleep?

Man, I remember being little and wanting to stay up all night. Little did I know what a biatch pay back would be!!!! Is this one of life's ironies I'm supposed to learn?! My booty is dragging so far down, I'm picking up dog hair and sand from the patio on it........Oh, I wanted to be the grown up so bad and stay up, but this is ridiculous.

I'm a lucky mother of two, of whom, BOTH children have been difficult sleepers. I literally could not put my daughter down her first 6 months of life. She didn't sleep 5 hours straight until she was 9 months old, yep 9 months old. I was miserable and somehow my husband has yet to spend the night and be the sole caretaker of the children. No, I don't count being in the hospital having my son and husband spending one night with our daughter..... So this is what it REALLY means to be the adult?! Whoah! My son is of course different, but I couldn't put him down to sleep for the first 4 months. He also spent most nights cradled in my arms. Perhaps part of it was guilt of being a Mom who works full time.....I did grow to cherish those nights with my daughter as I could share the bed with her, instead of a chain saw, who needs to be nudged continuously through the night to roll on his side, so I can get some sleep. My goal is typically to fall asleep before husband does, otherwise I'm doomed and the couch beckons me to stay.

I'd like to think all that baby-holding had given me an awesome jump start on my 'work out' routine. Perhaps at the very least awesome bicepts, heck, I'd even take awesome looking tricepts. But all I got was this lousy 15 exta pounds waiting to be worked off. I hope to start that routine on Feb. 6th, the day my part-time work life begins......the weight issue is for another night.

So, when you ask for something in your prayers. wether it be to stay awake all night, ace the next test, whatever, be very, very detailed......details are EVERYTHING!

No comments: