Friday, January 25, 2008

Julian Avery

I had to come back and edit this. Not realizing that when my Blogging began, your date of the blog begins when you begin typing, not when you post. So bare that in mind when you read this.......


This was originally my very first blog. However, it didn't quite seem fitting, but I continue to read Mimi's posts and can not fathom what pain she is trudging through.

I learned about Julian (JuJu - the King) from Dawn Meehan (Because I Said So http://mom2my6pack.blogspot.com/). I did not know Julian personally, then again I did. About two months ago, I started reading his blog at the suggestion of Dawn. I read the daily posts from his Mom, Mimi http://www.carepages.com/UpdateListing?seed=338165&ClusterNodeID=jb04&tlcx1=cookchildrens&tlcx2=3011824
(I am new to this, forgive me if the link didn't bring you there.) I can not understand how this stranger, her son and family have affected my heart, but I am grieving for the loss Julian. A video that was posted in yesterday's blog took me 5 attempts to get through it. Here I am, with my heavy heart reading, listening with tears welling. I was grateful that all I had to do was click and come back to it again when I felt I could watch the entire video. I haven't felt that sorrow in a long time. The sorrow that meets where, when you swallow, you feel like your throat is at the bottom of your heart, deep in your chest. I am grateful I have faith and believe that there is something more than this physical world and when someone passes, that they'll be waiting for you. Thank you Mimi for sharing your courage, love, fear, hope, family, sorrow and faith.

Strange for my first post to be about a boy his mother and their family that I've never met, but I'm hoping this somehow eases the pain in my own heart.

Take care of yourselves, say a prayer or some positive thoughts for the Avery's.

No comments: