Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Beast

The beast used to be our cat. I never met a more snotty little thing than him. He wasn't even a friendly kitten. He'd claw and attack your feet. Oddly, though, he was entertaining. He would fetch paper balls when he was younger and also put out candles. Not so much when he got older. I still cried when we had to put him down 14 years later. He was mostly evil at that point.....but that's another story.

The new pet moving into the 'beast' category is our dog. We have taken her to 5 or 6, eight week training classes. Of course when I say we, I mean me. Empty promises from husband.....We have replaced our dinette table, vertical blinds, a vinyl floor with a ceramic floor and a door handle. We have items that still need to be replaced, including the family room carpet and a few items that need to be repaired (laundry closet door and a patched area in the family room wall). My house sounds like a war zone!? The dog has been relatively unappreciated lately and this past Friday, she reminded us that she's a part of the family too. I had been tired of her sleeping on our bed (husband allowed her to sleep with him about 3 years ago when there was a terrible thunder storm outside and he let her onto the bed - I had warned him not too, but they don't really listen do they? I remember saying "she's gonna want to sleep there all the time now!?!? - of course I was in the other room 'cause as you know, my daughter's sleeping place (her bed) was my arms first 9 months) . So, we were keeping the door to the master bedroom closed while we were at work. Well, husband came home to the carpet ripped open where the master bedroom carpet meets the hallway carpet. Any other time I would've thought GREAT! This is how I get new carpet. But now, we're on this budget so we get to 'make do'. He totally made it look all ghetto. He cut off the excess then he stapled down the frayed edges and then, here's the ghetto part,......he put DUCT TAPE on the seam......I saw where he was going, but man it looks so bad! ACK!

Fix things when they happen or it'll be FOREVER before they are fixed!!

No comments: