Thursday, February 21, 2008

Good Morning!

My son slept the longest he's ever slept last night, 11.5 hours. Now, you're probably thinking GREAT! Now certainly That Should Make Her Happy?!?! Yep, sure, but what you didn't know was that he only slept 40 minutes the whole day........ugghhhh! I am grateful that he did sleep though! Honestly! That does not keep me from lying awake in my bed making sure all is well, listening for a rustle of the bed, a sigh, a wince, etc. I can't help it! I really want to know who I became this obsessive compulsive worrier?!?! I know that worrying is wasted brain power?!? But yet, I can't help myself. I actually couldn't take it any more at 5:30 am and went and woke him up, he was still asleep, not soundly, but asleep. He's not a cuddler like his sister was, that's not all true. She like to be held all the time. She still asks to 'holded me Momma'.

Her awakening this morning was not as sweet as her brother's. Today she was crying first that her toe hurt, then her knee (that's been a thing lately.... I'm thinking growing pains, or the need of attention). As soon as I stepped out of the shower, I heard her crying outside the door. Baby boy was already with me in 'lock down'.....making plenty of noise to wake his sister, which she does not appreciate. So I hurry to get dressed. Next, while she was piddling (yeah for her dry diaper!), it was the whine for watching a show. Too much television, in my opinion, is not a good thing. So she's been drastically cut down from what she was watching (at least what I've conjured up in my own head) at daycare to now being home with me and Nana.......So she goes through 'withdrawl pains'......really whiney cries....which irritate me to no end. That's part of the fun at home.

I do have to say, there have been several times I've been at home and have said to myself, "this is right, this is good, I should be here". Usually it's when the kids are playing so nicely or when they take wonderfully long naps. What a wonderful affirmation it is to feel that!

No comments: