Thursday, February 28, 2008

The True Me

I am thoroughly enjoying my biatching blog. It feels like very good therapy and I think I've cut down on whining, complaining and biatching at home. I try to see the good in everyone and every situation, everyone deserves a chance. How many chances depends on the situation. I'm a believer in signs and, sometimes, I've been slapped in the face by signs to make sure I'm paying attention. There's usually a lesson to be learned. For most things, sometimes things happen for no reason. Those are usually the tough ones and you just eventually have to accept them or you won't be able to move forward.

I truly am a 'the glass is 1/2 full' kind of gal, but I'm allowing the negative thoughts out here. I'm irritated by people meddling in my family mojo. I constantly worry about those I love. I'm sure everyone does....don't they? I worried when each brother at one time or another lived away from 'home' (out of state), I've worried about grandparents, nieces, nephews and in-laws. I worried when I was pregnant and I worry now. Thank goodness I remember the serenity prayer, cause it has helped me out in a lot of situations, when I don't understand what is happening or why things have happened and they are typically things out of my control. I think fear of the unknown is the cause of my worry....I'm not sure that can ever be resolved.

Being the youngest and only girl has had its advantages and I think my world was quite rosy growing up. (Kudos to you Mom and Dad!!!) My brothers believe I was the spoiled child, but I think we are all spoiled in our way. O'kay, maybe the oldest got a little jipped growing up?!.......But hey, what can I do about it now?!?! Although I may have been 'the spoiled one', I've went through heartaches of my own. No matter how hard a child can be sheltered, they're going to face reality every now and then. I know I will have hard things to face in the future.

Where I am optimistic, husband is typically pessimistic. That 'opposites attract' thing is definitely our marriage. Sometimes I swear he need to be put on 'happy' pills. The kids make him and me smile a lot, so that's a huge change that I've seen in him. I know that children can't MAKE you happy, but if you're able to let them in, they surely can make you smile and forget about life for a while! = )

I am hopeful that those I know whom are sick or going through testings will get well or will find out how to fight what's wrong, if anything....... I'm optimistic.

I read a wonderful blog today about a little baby named Gavin. We've been praying for him every night. He's going home today, after two months of being in the hospital, he fought off botulism and RSV. I'm so happy for him and his Mommy and Daddy.....I can't help but smile......today's a great day....it's even sunny out there! Have a good one!

No comments: