Monday, August 4, 2008

SAT - STill on that TRIP!

Again, Handsome woke me up at 2:00 am.....or was it 3? So, I made up a bottle and he took it fast, but wanted nowhere near the pack-n-play. So again, I went to bed with him and Sweet Pea, was scrunched the whole time and had a horrible sleep.......What a way to start the day! Ha!

Unfortunately, we had another two hour breakfast in the restaurant with Nana. Papa and my brothers all went golfing. Husband decided to take this as "me" time, or shall I say, 'none of wife's family" time. By the time we were done with breakfast, it was time to get ready and head out to the bridal shower a short drive away. There was no time for a nap.....well,.....Handsome did get a catnap in the car. After some cruddy directions, we got there about 10 min. late. I had originally said I would help with decorating, but I had no idea how long these things would take and I embarrassingly just had no time. The weather was just beautiful though! Sunny, clear skies with temperatures rising. Unfortunately, we were inside for the shower, so we had to wait to see the pretty day. The shower was at a Mexican restaurant, which had a buffet style luncheon set out. It was really good food! I, of course didn't get to enjoy much, always watching the kids (just what we Mommys do). I wasn't sure which one would have a melt-down first, but luckily, their cousins were there along with the other flower girl to keep them entertained. I would've loved to talk to the Bride's friends and family more, but you are just in lock-down mode with two kids under 4.....Bummer! Maybe at her 'baby' shower I'll get to talk more! Ha!

We had gotten back to the hotel and Husband had a lovely time boy himself and even layed out in the sun for a while! Lucky boy! After the shower, we tried to force Handsome to take a nap, but I told Husband there was NO WAY he was going to sleep with the room all bright and the TV on!!!!!! (guess he was done napping from his sunning himself earlier! Uggghhh!

The Bride and Groom had set up a 'duck boat' tour of Seattle for all friends and family (especially the ones from out of town), but there was no way we'd be able to put the kids in lock down any more for today. It would've been disastrous! I heard we missed out on a really lovely good time. I'm sorry we missed it, time alone with my little family (dinner at the first night we went to - shorter dinner, happy Mommy!) was worth it and we were asleep by 8:30 pm!!! After dinner we walked around the lakefront and took some photos.

1 comment:

Michele said...

That's a bummer about missing the tour but I completely understand.
On our trip, DH and his parents went up to Harvard because they really wanted to see it. I stayed back with the kids cause I didn't think it was fair to constrain them an extra day (also I really didn't want to go:)). It wasn't very relaxing for me but I think in the long run it was better for them.