Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Friday

FRI

My glorious Friday morning started with a wake up call from Hansome at 2:00 am......Who cares what time zone it was! What a way to start the day. He refused to return to the pack-n-play so I took him into bed with Sweet Pea and myself. Between the two of them, making sure niether would fall off and getting arms, heads and feet in all parts of my body.....I got little sleep.

The bonus of the morning was, they slept til 8:30 am.....but not me, I was laying there, staring at the ceiling from about 6:00 am. So, how does one keep their children quiet and occupied in a hotel room......TV of course! We threw on the TV and sound-blasted Daddy......couldn't say I was saddened by that......::evil grin:: No worries as Daddy fell right back a sleep! Not finding much on TV, I gave the kids a bath and then down to breakfast with Nana and Papa and Daddy. I was definitely hungry, but not hungry for the breakfast to last 2+ hours......YOU TRY AND ENTERTAIN TWO KIDS FOR THAT LONG!!!!!

By this time Handsome was ready for a nap......this is one of the things I dreaded......Husband said he'd stay with him and Sweet Pea and I left for a while, leaving a screaming baby as we closed the door. I was told he screamed for about 10 minutes, both Daddy and baby got a little rest. Sweet Pea and I walked around, got some pictures and spent some time at Nana and Papa's.





With the rest over, we needed to go to a store and get a few things, so we went shopping...we didn't get as far as the place my brother gave me directions, but we got what we needed.....Only to lose a piece of a toy of Sweet Peas.....OMG!!!! She was so tired at this point, nothing would make her happy......She has this little Aerial doll with a teeny, tiny shell bra....she lost the bra. I gave a minimal effort of scanning the parking lot, but that was it. I could've been ANYWHERE in that store. In her fit, Husband said that when they find it, they'll send it back to her. "how will they find it?" "How will they know where we live Daddy?" "I left them our address" . Yep, you got it, now he's got her mind set on receiving this thing, which the questions about it didn't stop until we got home and had to purchase another $11 duplicate toy, just for that dang bra!!!!!! What was sweet, and what he gets extra credit points for, is that Husband did write her a letter from her 'friends in Seattle', about how they found the bra, and please take care of your toys so you won't lose them and be sad. It was very sweet.


We had to be back at the hotel by 3:00 pm for the rehearsal for the weadding. The bride was delayed due to some law enforcement stopping her and congratulating her on her upcoming wedding. Although we waited, we zipped through the ceremony, although looking back, I'd have asked a few questions regarding a few things, but with me with Sweet Pea wandering and Husband with Handsome (who couldn't keep his eyes and body away from the lake front), there wasn't any time. I I knew is that people were going to start to get ready at 12:00, briday party pictures at 5:00 Pm....family at 6:00 pm....I can't even remember now......

Flower Girl Cropped

(Did I mention that awesome Nana HAND MADE the flower girl baskets?!?!?!? Isn't she AWESOME?!?!?)

Reservations for dinner were across the street, I think at 4:30 pm, thank goodness Sister-In-Law had purchased some activity books for the kids, as, get this, dinner lasted 3.5 hours.........If this were a girls night out it'd be a different story, but trying to keep 5 kids entertained for that long was torture! The party pretty much had our own room, which was good to let the kids get down, but of course someone got her, which was Sweet Pea, when she smacked her head into the corner of a wooden table. She displayed a loevely red bump on her forehead, between her eyes, which luckily went away before the wedding.


After a short stroll along the lake front, it was time to go to bed! I think we watched Cinderella, but of course, at this time I passed out....It was about 10 pm.....

2 comments:

Michele said...

Trying this for the 2nd time ;)
omg long meals aahhh I feel your pain! You must have freaked out when sweet pea hit her head. I would have. I would have been thinking "great, a huge red bump for the fancy pictures." I am glad it went away.
Those baskets were really nice!
It sounds like it was all sort of whirlwindish. Did it feel that way?
Ok I am waiting for my next installment :)

HMomma said...

Most definitely whirlwind. Everytime you caught your breath, something else was happening!
It was very tiring. I was asked if I'd do it again. Yep, in heart beat! It's my brother and I wanted my family there.....period. Now that' I've done something like that, I've learned a few things and some things we would've done differently.....Who wouldn't have?