Monday, July 14, 2008

Busy, Busy Weekend

Well, it's been a busy few days and I'm starting to get a little stressed about the trip. I know this because when I wake up in the morning my teeth are sore from the grinding that I've been doing all night. No, not 'bump & grinding' ::wink::, just teeth grinding.

I think it's trying to get it all done and together.....I've still got to make reservations at the airport parking place, go shopping for a comforter (Husband doesn't want our house-sitter to be without a comforter). We don't have one, I really don't see why THEY need one! I think husband thinks its a bit 'red-neck', which wasn't his view when we went to the zoo this weekend and he wore the WORST jeans shorts possible!!!!!! Thank God they weren't cut offs, but they were extremely frayed and his zipper kept falling down (which co-workers pointed out to me.......great) Besides, the house sitter can use Sweet Pea's bed! I'll even remove the Dora sheets and replace them with normal ones! I also have to get shower curtain liners and new pillows......you'd think we were purchasing a new home!?!?!? Oh, speaking of money, I'm over drawn on my checking........we'll be broke after the wedding, but spending will at least be done.....

Friday we went to a wedding. Sweet Pea and I went to the ceremony while Husband was at work and Handsome was taking an afternoon nap, being 'watched' by his favorite cousin....He's so enamored by her!!!!! Although I'm not sure if it's him to her or her to him! = ) The wedding was beautiful and the bride's grandfather, a deacon, performed the ceremony. Very teary! = *)

Sweet Pea and I talked about the pretty dresses (the princess bride and her beautiful white gown and the bridesmaids and their hot pink gowns). I asked her who she wanted to marry and she told me "I want to marry Daddy!". I asked her if she was sure and she very diligently told me that, yes, indeed she'll be marrying Daddy. We got home from the ceremony and I ran upstairs to get ready for the reception. Sweet Pea was over joyed to play with her favorite cousin all by herself as Handsome was still sleeping! Husband and I got ready (both of us looking fantastic I might add!!!) and we were off! Beautiful country club house reception, where my brother had his reception 10 years ago! I knew t was time for me to have fun, as the wedding next week I'd have to be more reserved......they didn't know me here.....most of the people anyhow. I danced a lot!!!!! All men over 50 were happy to dance with me! ::wink:: Such a 'hottie' I am!!! Ha! I'll post pictures later.....if and when I have some time! I'm shocked I'm writing this!

Sat. is sort of a blur. I had plans, but no idea why I got sort of nothing done........oh wait....I was super tired from the night before and all I wanted to do is lay down, but mustered myself up around 11:00 am.....up from the couch, as my children decided this was a great day to get up EARLIER than normal! Aauuugghhhhh! The shower revived me and I managed to do something before it was off to my Brother's for a BBQ at 4:00 pm. No major events occurred at his house which was GREAT! We left his residence without bumps, scratches, bruises or mosquito bites!

Sunday was a work gathering at Brookfield Zoo. That was pretty awesome, although I'm a zoo member, the company paid for free parking, admission for the family and a lunch under some brand-new pavilions. It was really nice and had a good time. Sweet Pea and Handsome got a free beanie baby Frog (Ponder) and Sweet Pea got to ride the big carousel! Next visit we'll see the dolphin show and some of the indoor attractions!

1 comment:

Michele said...

It sounds like a fun but busy weekend. I can't wait to see pictures of you and your dh all dressed up. I hope that you have even more fun this weekend. You certainly have been preparing for it for a while.