Monday, May 19, 2008

The Darndest Things....

Yesterday whilst driving, like a mad woman, to church we drove by the local men's flag football league. You know, those guys who can't quite admit that their hey days are over......perhaps they are just out of High School, need to be surrounded by testosterone, or need to get away from their significant others..... It's an excuse, much like I used to use, to get out and away. I chose volleyball, got to play with my older brother (whose volleyball talent way surpassed my humble abilities) and go out for beers afterwards. It was joyous at the time, but I'm a little older and slower now! Plus with two bambinos, my energy level, as you may have read, is not at the top of its game...Ha!

Back to the driving....Autumn was sitting and thinking.....she had not thought to ask to play Ariel's CD (Well, she says 'dicks', which means disk....but that one even stopped Nana and Papa in their tracks!) I asked what she was thinking about and she asked what everyone was playing. I explained it was football. She said she'd like to play. I told her that she could when she got older, but it's kind of a dangerous sport and a lot of people get hurt playing it. She asked for her disk and about two songs into it, she said "I know Momma, I can't play football and I can't play soccer (don't know where that came from) but I can go bowling!" I didn't even know she knew what bowling was! The fields where they play flag football are also the fields where they play soccer...... so she put those together somehow.

Her last swim class was this past Sat. She looked so darn cute and I'm proud to announce she can move up to Level 2......I'm not sure what that means, but I think basically she's not afraid of the water and is willing to do what the teachers ask of her. Level 2 will begin and end before the wedding in July!

She's also going to take a gymnastics class, I think, I have to re-check the schedule.....I know what I'm starting but she just LOVES learning new things! What kid doesn't? Also, I think it helps with her 'listening to other adults' skills. And I kind of like to think I can start to get an idea of what she loves most, so we can follow that path in the future. Plus, there's not some spring talent show that I've got to go see her in while sitting through 100's of other kids and their folks watching. I figure there won't be a lot of time in the fall, pre-school will start!

The last day of Sunday School was this past Sunday and they had a party for the kids. Not much for the little ones to do and perhaps I'll make some suggestions next year so it'll be more interactive and 'cooler'.


This picture was from last week. I figure you can't really see any of the kids faces, but there's my little girl. The one in the front in the pink shirt.....tiny and cute?!?! I was the only parent taking pictures. I know she didn't mind and was tickled I was taking her picture. Also, she gets a big girl pat on the back for behaving awesome in church! The best part about it is I was alone with her, with no snacks and no drink!


I know it's not in focus.....but what a happy ham my sweet boy is! Another day for feeling grateful!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Little Miss Autumn asked me Friday night if I wanted to bowl with her!?! She's hearing about it from someone. Pretty funny stuff. She settled for playing with the exercise balls before you stopped over.

Have you "checked" out some of the guys playing over there? Most, don't bother, but there's a few that make that trip a fun one!

HMomma said...

silly girl! As soon as it gets warmer! oh, pay no attention to what time i've left this post......

Michele said...

Hey there :) I love the pictures of the little guys and Autumn's thoughts. So funny the things they say.