Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

Yes, I know it's been a week since my last post, but we've been busy. I've just got to tell you about my Mother's Day. Let's see, it started with me waking up at 7:20 am, which, in my case is AWESOME! I had to get up because Baby Boy awoke and Baby Girl was right on his heals. Downstairs for breakfast, me and both children and of course, the Beast. So all are fed and back up to shower and take baths before Sunday School and Church. I think Husband had opened his eyes at this point, only because I let the kids watch a show while I'm in my escape pod known as the shower. 10 glorious minutes to shower and boom, now we really had to get going or we were going to be late. Both kids get a quick bath and thank goodness I laid out their clothes 'cause Husband FINALLY stepped in to help.....Happy Mother's Day! So he took Baby Boy to get him dress (very easy as I've laid out the clothes for him).

Baby Girl no longer is enthralled with my persona, and whines for Daddy. Great, we get dressed and are out the door, a little late, but it is POURING! It's pouring when I drop off Baby Boy to my folks and POURING when I run in with Baby Girl to her class only to find out that since it's rewards (certificates and pins) day, we didn't have to be there on time and had 45 minutes to do nothing. At this point, I'm soaked (I didn't have an umbrella), back to my folks to spend a few minutes before we trudged back to church.....

Baby Girl was VERY good at church with no juice and no snacks! That was a first! She looked so tiny against everyone else on the stage. Well, she was the smallest one there! I was the only parent taking pictures of their child on the stage! Mom is very proud of me! ::wink::

Back to my folks after church for lunch with my Brother who was visiting from Seattle. His last visit before the big "W" Day! Autumn ran past Nana and Papa to give Uncle a huge hug. Very out of character for her(usually she needs some warming up)! But EVERYBODY loves Uncle D!
Nice lunch and back home to get ready for my folks and Uncle D coming for dinner tonight. Ummm, my pants are still wet from the down pour we traipsed through earlier. Did I mention that I FORGOT my camera at church and wonderful Papa raced it to church so I could capture her first time up on stage.....which, she LOVED by the way!

I bake a lemon cake (a little dry, but what can you do?) and cut up veggies for the salad that will be going with dinner (take out from GoRoma). Dinner was nice, and the show afterwards was fantastic. We're all Survivor fans.....big geeks! It's the one show I get to force Husband to watch......Although disappointed with the outcome, it was VERY entertaining!

I end the night VERY tired and beat. I told Husband he can have the SAME Father's day and get to wake up with the kids, shower and bath them, go to church, etc. Think that will happen? I gripe, but he's a very good Daddy! = * ) ShhhhhH! Don't let him know I said that! I've got to save statements like that when he needs a good pat on the back! You know, coddle to his ego!

No comments: