Thursday, May 15, 2008

Playground Swingset

I hadn't realized I wrote this post without publishing.....
I didn't understand how torturous it would be to go swing-set shopping with the kids. I'm so glad i went 'cause the swing set I saw was GARGANTUOUS! All I really need is a slide and two swings, but every piece of equipment I see is as big as a playground set for a small village! Now we've received the check that we've been waiting for, BUT, now Husband and I can't decide on a swing set. We've got a park behind the house, so it doesn't need to be huge, just something to have a little fun in the back yard. Otherwise, the back yard is VERY boring! Little Man has yet to walk across any grass. His fear of grass hasn't wavered just yet.

I love my back yard. It's big, roomy and at it's best when the T-ball league is not in play. I love when T-ball is over. The parents get crazy-yell at your kid like it's a real major league baseball game. Just way too over the top. It's irritating. They are irritating. I have other things that irritate me in my back yard, but the T-ball tops the list. I used to be really mad when they'd blast music at 7:30 am to get the field ready on Sat. mornings. Now that I'm up with the kids, I don't mind so much. ::shrug:: Although, I did call the park district a few times and asked them to listen for the music through the phone as it was soooooo loud. If it's loud enough to hear the song through the phone, it's too loud. I also called when parents were using a fog horn to cheer......that was delightful.

I love my patio, the flowers on my patio, and my pergola (huge pat on the booty to Husband for making it). We went overboard with landscaping, but it does look pretty. But you can always add more.....know what I mean?

Swing set was installed over Memorial Day weekend.....that's another post I'll have to tend to....

Before swing set.......pretty, isn't it?

After installation.....still needs the slide....Husband says he has to "level" the set before the slide goes on....bummer. I just want grass around it, but he doesn't want to mow around the set and wants to throw mulch down. I think it's a bit redneck to do that.......but what can I do?


1 comment:

flip flop mama said...

Wow, you have a lot of land! That's awesome. It's beautiful back there!