Sunday, May 4, 2008

I am grateful.....

I am grateful that all my daughter has is a low fever which will probably lead to a cold that her brother has. I am grateful my husband is home and not in some far off land, country or tavern. I'm grateful I can afford my home and expenses.... (almost).....I'm grateful for my family and grateful for great in-laws. I am grateful that I'm working part time so I can be with the kids more. I'm grateful I have good friends. I'm grateful........

Have I told you I get weepy when I sing The Little Mermaid CD songs with my daughter in my car? I let them play even after I drop her off at daycare.......such a sap....The Little Mermaid has dropped into the Number One position in the house. So far, I really don't mind it. That Disney really knows how to get you!

I don't recall any movies 'moving' me when I was young except that I was so engulfed into horses that, I think at my 10th birthday party, my Mom took me and a few friends to see "Black Beauty". I LOVED the movie and I couldn't get enough of horses after that! I even worked at a small barn that housed 20 or so horses. I cleaned the stalls so I could ride for free and I LOVED it! When I was younger my dream was to become a veterinarian. Somewhere along the way I think I realized how much school that meant and I dropped it.....Ha!

I think Social Studies (when they still had that course) and an awesome teacher in High School led me to my love of the environmental world. Starting with my birthday on Earth Day, I'm convinced that it was inevitable I work the environmental field. It's definitely not for the money! I'm no 'tree hugger' and there's a lot more things I can be doing, but I'm trying to do that one item at a time. I'm thinking change takes time, at least for me it does. (see all my posts on weight-it took me 6 weeks to lose 1.6 pounds!)

You'd think I'd have time to write more on Sunday morning especially since we aren't going to Sunday School or Church(remember we have fevers and colds?)....but I don't.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I'm so sorry the little ones are sick. I'm beat after the ride today. We sooooooo neeeeeeed to figure out what to do with this charlie weed crap. What a pain!