Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm Not grateful

I'm not grateful I have a cold. I am not grateful my daughter doesn't want to take naps any more. I am not grateful I haven't won that dang lotto! Germs have infested my home and made it to my throat......I could say 'how did that happen?!??!" But ya know, somewhere in between my son sticking his fingers in my mouth and attempting his version of a kiss (an open-mouthed french kiss....ya know, one you'd see on SNL?) I've been awarded the 'Spring Cold'. It's lovely, no really! A sort of runny nose, a scratchy throat, some sad excuse of a hoarse cough, general tiredness that would go a way with a nap, but since Baby Girl doesn't take one for me any more(revolts really)......I can't! WhaaahhhH! Let's remember, this is my very own biatch blog isn't it?!?!

So today, I am on a mission to get our expenses back from the day care and medical account at Husband's work. It's great. It takes out $ from his check, pre-tax. BUT you have to get the amount right when you first sign up for the rest of the year (unless there's a job change in the family). When I went to part time, we changed it for day care, but not for medical. So I've got about $600 for dependant care waiting for me and more than double that medically.......Now, I really don't know if we're going to use the med. but I will if I have to! Husband has an 'over 40 year old man' ::smirk::appointment coming up, we both need to get to the dentist and I'd love to have my vericose veins looked at.....ya know those old lady things? Not only do they look horrid, the feel horrid and with every weather change and even when the weather doesn't change, they are painful.......Big thanks to my father's side of the family for those!!

I guess this means I'm on a journey to find a good dentist. Now, I loved the last guy I went to, but that was before kids (i think)......please don't do the math, I know......it will get it done this year. I promise.

Tomorrow I go to work.....work, that thing is hounding me like, well, like a hound dog! With my Mom breaking her hip and all, I've sort of re-thunk this part-time thing. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE WORKING PART TIME. Would love to work no-time! ::wink:: Ever since my Mom has watched first Baby Girl (3 days a week for 2.5 years) and both kids (one day a week for six months and two days a week for 3 months) she's been physically incapacitated more than I've seen her the previous 30+ years! Two foot surgeries, torn cornea (twice), bruised ribs, and lets not forget her broken hip......that's a lot in 3 years, isn't it? Do my kids have some bad 'voodoo vibes'? Well, here's my theory. I want to be with the kids as much as possible until they go to school, so, I guess I'll take what I can get. (of course there's always my million dollar idea). Meaning, if I can still work part time and she can watch the kids par time, then that's what it'll be. If I have to go full-time, we'll figure it out. I've told Mom that if she can't do it, that it's fine and we'll place the kids in day care. I don't want to burden Mom and I know she wants to do it. But she wants to do everything, and you can't do everything.....Don't tell Husband I said that...... I guess it's something that's been on my mind lately so I think now that I've got it in my head, it'll be an easier change-over for me if we do need to change things around to cover two full-time parents.

I'm tired and it's only 3:00 pm..........

Oh, I'm grateful for my children, even the one who asks so many questions, it's hard to make sense of anything!

No comments: