Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yep, I'm trying again.

So, the jogging thing worked really great, until the cold weather set in. I'm not happy about it, nor is the dog. I got to week 8 or 9 of 11 and definitely plan to start again, I'm looking at March 1st. Guess I'll have to figure out some other kind of working out regime until then, cause sitting on my butt is unacceptable. I'm still 9 pounds down, but have 5 to go. Sometimes it's 7, sometimes 5, it fluctuates. Being a girl is so......progesteronated....if I may create a word.

This past November I applied to a school to receive my Master of Arts in Teaching and to obtain a Secondary Education Teaching Certificate. It is a mouthful, isn't it?

My transcripts were reviewed and I am down two courses; History and Sociology. In order to buck up my historical chats with Husband, I decided to take History 221, which is US History from 1776 to present time. I figured I've lived the last, almost 40 years, so it'd be 'easy'. Well, nothing is ever easy, but I'm hopeful. I'm a horrible test taker. The second class Sociology I hope to learn a few things about myself and the world around me. I'm a pretty open individual, but I'm just wondering if that will count against me as I'll be taking these two courses at a heavily based Christian College. I could be wrong, we'll see what they think of this city, o'kay Chicago suburbanite, has to say.

I'm nervous about the whole process really, I've got a Miller Analogies test this Sat, a Basic Skills Test on Feb. 13th, and need to start my two on-line courses as soon as I receive the text books which should be arriving this Thurs. or Friday. The sooner the better. Although the worst part will be figuing out how to set up exams at local colleges. I'm throwing some pessimism into that, so again, I hope I'm wrong. Let me repeat, I'm a terrible test taker.....I get pretty bad stress headaches after taking tests, no matter the type of test.

So if all goes well, and I dont' know why I'm so skeptical, probably from living with Husband so long, I should start the program on April 5th. Then it's 10 weeks, two nights a week in the Spring, summer break, 10 weeks, two nights a week in the fall and six weeks of student teaching in the Winter of 2011. Of couse, lets ont forget there's some student teaching I'll be doing during both 10 week sessions.

My folks suggested this, that they are here for me if I wanted to try this. So, here I am. Excited and apprehensive at the same time.

No comments: