Thursday, January 7, 2010

Reading is not for dummies!

"My new school books are here! My new school books are here!" ::ridiculously jumping up and down as I type this:: That's my best impression of Steve Martin from "The Jerk". The books were delivered during the lull in a snow storm! UPS is awesome! I'm down with brown!

Sociology, by John Macionis
and
Firsthand America, by Burner, Bernhard & Kutler

The history book is a re-print, with no sell back value....::shrug:: what'ya'gonna'do? I Need a 3-ring binder......there's got to be one somewhere around here.

I arrived home early today because Husband was so sure the traffic would totally blow with the snow. It's snowed about 4 inches last night and into the morning. There's been a break in the snow and the sun even tried to break through. Sa-weeet! It's supposed to wrap around and hit us again over night.....we'll see about that. Who knows if they'll cancel pre-school. If they didn't today, they might not tomorrow. Husband also works at a school and he said they do everything in their power NOT to close the school because of the extra money it'll cost.....guess we'll see.

I remember several instances where they closed school when I was young. Once, I had to walk home more than 1/2 way (which seemed to take forever) because the school bus could not make it up the hill. We lived near the Des Plaines River and Chicago Sanitary Ship Canal. It's about the hilliest location in northeastern Illinois. Surrounded by flatland, the town was a quaint break in the mundane. It's the final destination in which I hope to plant my family for good. The sooner the better. I'm only one town, but worlds, away. I could've slapped Husband when he said we should've moved there instead of where we are now. That was my suggestion 9 years ago....... Back then, he was afraid we'd be too close to my folks. My folks help out so much and enjoy being with the kids, that looking back now, it was a no-brainer. His hind-sight is my "I told you so".....don't get me started.

I'm tempted to start reading, but I have a feeling Sweet Pea will be down here.....again....for the 5th time....I know she's 5, but she still needs a rest now and then.

No comments: