Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Busy Times

Yep, another busy post. why is it that when I need to procrastinate the least is when I settle in, hunker down and want to blog about it?!

I'm anxiously awaiting my scores for the Miller Analogies test I took a couple weeks ago. Either I relax, a bit, or I really have to move my a$$ and get my classes done. I have realized, of course only now that I'm old, that in order to retain information I've read, I have to have the room completely quiet. No kids talking, no background TV, nothing. Perhaps this 'study style' would've helped me in High School.....perhaps.....we'll see how well I do with these two courses. I have that Basic Skills test coming up, so I can always perform crappy on that and be two for two on my test-taking abilities!!

I'm think of new projects for my week off next month, only to realize, I have no money. I've got a lot of ways to spend money, but not enough money to spend. That's another complaint at a later date. I've been hit with another tax increase to boot this month, either I spread it out, or I pay it up now.....What are the politicians doing with my money anyways?!?!? I've had to take pay cuts and such, what's with that?! When will they?! I'm irritated by the whole thing. I think I've decided to be an independent voter. Vote for the best candidate. I will truly try to not be politically pulled in one direction, although it is quite hard not to.

Today, I had lunch with some co-workers and a woman who's husband is a lot like mine.....he's a co-worker who wasn't at lunch, but I so hope I'm not like her in another 5 years. It was comical, but she also seems to have quite a crabby husband at home. I kept thinking, OMG! This will be me in 5 years! It was a moment that was a good teaching tool. I really don't want that to be me and Husband.

However I also remembered I saw a show last week that depicted the first half of marriage as lying in bed(after the honeymoon phase of course) you look over and say "Good God, you're still here?!" The second half of the marriage you look over and say "Thank God you're still here".

No comments: