Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Baton Club

As a belated bachelorette party, I gathered a few friends, Mom and Sister In Law and headed to the big city for some fun on Sunday night. As usual, I was in haste getting ready for the evening. I went shopping for an outfit for myself. New York and Company saved me and I only spent $24! new shirt and new pants! Woo Hoo! After waiting for Husband to finish his shower, which he decided to take at 5:15 pm (the girls were leaving at 5:30 pm........), I rushed to say goodbye as we were not about 10 minutes late from the departure time, not kissing either of my children goodbye ::slaps head::...Thank goodness for cell phones!!!! I also forgot a gift I was to give to the Bride......::eye rolling:: I was comforted by the fact that the only person who is as forgetful as me was with me in the car!!!!! Sorry Mom!

We entrusted our faith in a 'Garmin', which is a GPS navigator. It was great until we got downtown and kept 'recalculating'. I think we may have even drove by the place, but you know how women get and we were all chatting just way too much. Once we were paying attention, we scoped it out along the route. We put a little too much faith in 'trusting the Garmin'.....We arrived about 5 minutes late....not bad at ALL!

We dined at the Italian Village, which you have to walk up a stairwell to the second floor to the restaurant. We had reservations. The twenty people we walked past, did not. It felt fantastic!!! Right this way, your table is waiting for you! Wheeeee! I couldn't help thinking "This needs to be done much more often!!!!" Dinner was lovely and our waiter was great as he got us out on time and gave us transportation recommendations to our next destination.

Having valeted the car at the restaurant, we cabbed it to our final destination. The Baton Club. I had made reservations and, for a Sunday night, it was not packed, but a fairly decent group. But what do I know? I'm a suburban Mom......As noted in many reviews, the service was cruddy. I think had we all ordered our two drink minimum right away, it would've went very smoothly. I would recommend a little more friendliness on the servers part would go a LONG WAY! I'm sure he had to do his thing and get us to order drinks, but he could've been a little more pleasant. Onto the show!

The Park West was holding the Miss Continental Pageant and the girls were all supporting someone in the contest and arrived a little late. It would've been nice for someone to have mentioned that. Instead there was music and you never quite knew when the show was going to start. So we kind of started out on a bad note. I'm not blaming the girls for supporting their friend, but somebody could've said SOMETHING! We would've just relaxed and patiently waited as opposed to getting a little irritated. So we did what we do best and chatted up the place.

First impression when I saw the girls......I thought....note to self. If they can look like that, than you can get a little more gussied up day-to-day! I had went to the bar for singles for tips and was still in shock at how awesome one of the girls looked. Our server told me it's the sincerest form of flattery......All I know is I need a little more estrogen and boob job to begin to measure up to these ladies. Well, most of them were ladies! The red head (sorry I didn't get her name) had the rap 'attitude' lip-syncing songs. Lot's of "F" this and "Bitch" in the songs. She had the whole attitude and was also awesome! Ms. Chilli Pepper was the MC (I think). Whomever the MC was she was great. She had incredibly quick wit and great humor! The girls were definitely entertaining and beautiful! I was definitely jealous of the curvy blond! Peaches and cream had some great attitude! Great show and I'd go again and again! I'm adding it to our annual outings for sure!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

You are so funny! I'm first getting on here and trying to catch up a little while some stuff is running here.

I have to say I so love my Garmin and it was "wonderful" this past week. Not a single map for me and it got me to just about everywhere I needed to with out issue. I thought we actually walked into dinner right on time. I'm thinking if there was 5 minutes on dinner it "might've" been more on the departure delay than recalculating but we can blame little guy GPS for sure... it'll never know! Ha!

It was a great night and I still say the Bonde WAS a girl. Wow. Thanks so much for putting that all together. It was a great time for sure.