Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sleep is a Wonderful Thing

This weekend I was reminded that sleep is a wonderful thing and that if I get plenty of it, I'm not a crabby Mommy. All my fault and I'm climbing my way to being level headed and fulfilled of sleep requirements......

Friday night was the Homecoming football game. First I parked out in tim-buck-two since my hometown has grown so much and the High School is three times the size it used to be. Have I told you that we missed the boat on moving back into town? Having been there and seeing all my former classmates and what the school has become, I now feel like I haven't missed much. I guess my memory of what was is just that, what things were, not how they are now. I'm afraid I'd have to move out to Bu-Fu to come even near what my town used to be. I do have a secret crush on my multi-culti neighborhood though!

Well, I did get to see some caddy girls and some too big for their britches guys....you pretty much know EVERYONE because it was a graduating class of about 140-ish people. I was oddly comforted to not be in the crowd of people who do not seem to have changed since High School. I don't believe I was ever in the 'in' crowd, but more of a fringe. Decorative fringe, but fringe. I had lots of friends sure, but I seem to carry on this thing in life that I only carry on the meaningful few. I've got quality, not quantity. :::ahhh, you know who you are!:::

I found out that at least 2, perhaps 3 (Friday night became a little fuzzy) that live in the same town as I currently do. Two of them lived down from me in our former home town. Sadly, I recall beating one of them up in early gradeschool, I'm sure for good reason. Perhaps for picking on me or my neighbors. I'm sure he, yes HE, deserved it at the time. Remember........ I grew up with 3 older brothers........:: I'm throwing up my 'guns' right now! Ha!::

I spent much of Friday night talking with everyone I knew and had lots of fun. I did get to see a guy that I used to hang out with a ton after High School and even into early years with Husband. I missed him and was happy to see him. The old 'we've got to get together' was a part of the discussion, but I'm not quite the party girl that I used to be. Kind of glad and kind of sad at the same time......

All of the sudden Friday night, a huge wave of tiredness came over me, I looked down at my watch....2:00 am.....Awww man! Did I ever have to leave! Of course I got home only to have forgotten Husband's prescription at the pharmacy.....thank goodness it was 24 hours, but I didn't get really into bed until quarter to 3! Handsome made me pay......3:30 am wake up and 5:00 am wake-up......I swear, that boy's teeth won't be fully in until he's THREE!

I promise to add pictures as soon as they are downloaded!

2 comments:

Michele said...

So that's all we get? Friday night and a nice talk with an old friend. I am glad that I haven't done this. I went to 2 high school's and am afraid I wouldn't know anyone if I went. I would actually probably know more people from the school I went to from k-10 than the one graduated from. One of my fb friends is from that part of my life. Impatiently waiting for the pics :) j/k.

HMomma said...

well, a few new friends are now on facebook from the reunion and I'm not quite sure I'm ready for divulging it all....KWIM? ; )
you're silly!