Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mark This Date!

Sweet Pea has begun preschool!

Yesterday was the best day we've had in a while! No time outs, we painted, we made cookies and we played and laughed and even continued to play and laugh with Daddy after their naps. It was so wonderful I didn't want it to end! ::sigh....weep:: It's the type of day that you want to hold onto forever. Of course, this HAS to be the day before she starts preschool. I mean, all those outside influences.....older brothers and sisters.....I can't wrap my head around it. Sure, she was in daycare, but when she first started going, she was with either only children or she was the oldest......Then the second place she went, her brother was with her and he was the youngest. Of course, there were some trouble-makers that I didn't appreciate, but I can't hold her forever and I just have to tell her and keep reminding her that that's not the way we behave.........

So last night she got up twice (once while I was spending quality time with the dogs of our vacationing neighbor) and again at about 3 am......then of course Handsome had to wake and I gave him a bottle. He woke again while Husband was getting ready to go to work, so I shoved, I mean pleasantly gave him a bottle again at 4:30 am......I forced everyone to go back to sleep until 7 am.....yep, whoops, 7 am. This means since I didn't shower yesterday ( I know, gross) I had to shower myself, dress myself and the kids, let the neighbor's dog out while the kids watched a show, get the kids fed, give our dog her doggie downer, check the grocery list since I'll be at work tomorrow, get the kids in the car, bring the neighbor's dogs back into the house, and make it to preschool on time.....we promptly arrived at 8:55 am! Yeah Mommy! I would've felt better had I had more time, but I think it went just fine! I only left the house 5 min. late.......

I take pictures of my girl outside her preschool and in the classroom (I'll take another when I go back). Also got one of her and her brother. She's in the Blue Room. The whole room is decorated with fishes. It's just adorable and Handsome loved the decorations! She was fine until two of the other Moms tried to leave and their children had some melt-downs. Yes, I felt sorry for the kids and the Moms but I'm really hoping it doesn't affect Sweet Pea, who at that point, got a little clingy. I told her she was a big girl and that the other girls were sad, but she knew I'd be back to pick her up after school and she was going to have a great time! Sadly, I could hear one of the little girls screaming her head off outside in the parking lot. Sweet Pea gets upset when Handsome is whining and crying......I guess I'll see what happened when I get there.....I have to remind myself that all children are not the same......but didn't these girls experience ANYTHING else? Sunday school? park district classes? without their Mommy's? I highly recommend it! So, I was very proud of my non-crying, non-meltdown girl! I'm so sad and happy at the same time! I've just never felt this way!

I switched days at work to be able to do this and I'm really glad I did! This morning didn't go quite as planned, just scrambled eggs, cantaloupe and milk for breakfast, but at least we were on time! Perhaps we'll stop at McDonald's afterwards for lunch!

I'm sitting here at Nana and Papa's (they are at the lake house) and Handsome is napping......I have to tell you, this preschool class feels like it's taking FOREVER! I keep looking at the clock and it's moving SO SLOW! I almost forgot what it feels like to have one baby! With her safe at school, there's only Handsome and since he's still naps twice a day....well, I have this free time! Too bad it won't be me, it'll be Nana's free time! (Note to self: tell Nana how awesome this is gonna be for her!!!!) As for preschool, there's a list of snack items that need to be brought each day. We have to bring our first snacks on Thurs. The snack consists of apples, peanut butter and apple juice......I'm putting a lot of faith in Nana, that she'll remember them! ha!

Before I forget, they had this list of accomplishments that you wanted your child to achieve. Well, at the time, Sweet Pea was refusing to write her name and I thought that I'd like her at least to be able to do that at the end of preschool. Then I read what the learning would be, ABC's, numbers 1-10, shapes and colors. I thought to myself, man, she has all those DOWN!?!?!? But then I remembered, she needs to learn to share, play nicely with others, learn how to be patient, so my hopes for what she can accomplish has already switched a bit.

Hope to post pictures tomorrow. If you're lucky, I'll do it this afternoon or tonight!

39 more minutes!!!!!......

No comments: