Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Shoes!

Okay, following after a fellow blogger, Jacob will now be known as "Handsome" and Autumn will be "Sweet Pea"......I had started out somewhat anonymous, but faltered and I think it'd just be better if I did that.

Back to today. Today, was a busy day, I got two hours of working on a report in this morning, then mowed the lawn, then shopping. Handsome got his first pair of REAL shoes today! Wait, let's do the math. Yes, he's 15 months old, but let me explain. That boy has odd feet. I don't know if they are flat feet, or if they are "thick" from the floor to the top of his foot. I was completely relieved when the woman helping us was super sweet and slipped those new shoes on like no body's business! So, he's a size 3.5. It's not like I haven't tried to put shoes on him, but I had to go to Striderite, the expensive ones, for his first. I'm glad I did, but my pocketbook is not......Sweet Pea's original shoes were a size 2.......I've got a picture of her first shoe excursion, due to Nanarazzi. I also now have Handsome's first shoe excursion!

Oh, I also spent an extra $6.50 on a shirt from Janie and Jack's...SCORE!!!...I couldn't help myself! Also purchased Father's Day gift.... A light for the grill. It get attached to the handle..... I'll report back on that. Although Husband is a low-maintenance man, when it comes to clothes and gifts, he's high maintenance. Not that what I have to purchase has to be expensive or name brand, but he's just so dang picky!

He looks at me like I"m nuts when I say he's high maintenance....there's other reasons too, but there isn't enough time in one night! ::wink::

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I think I can vouch for you for a wee bit of that high maintenance. I might've seen it a time or two or three. Tee hee hee! :-)

Was going to pop over and say hi when I got back from the doc but now know you were out shoppin'. I think the ants everyone else has had, are now invading over here. I hate bugs!

Michele said...

Yay for new shoes. I have put JB's first real pair of shoes on little guy but he didn't think much of them. So we haven't tried that again. Maybe when he starts to walk whenever that will be. So where are the pictures? :)