Friday, June 27, 2008

Upcoming Wedding Plans

First things first, before I forget. Here's Handsome in his new shoes!





So, how are those plans going for that upcoming trip you say? O'kay I guess. The hotel, airfare and car rental as you know have been booked for a while. Sweet Pea's dress is here and I just got shoes for her. A steal at $9.99! I'm sure they will rip the crap out of her feet! Ha! So other than frilly socks.......which I have yet to find, she's ready! I've got a web site or two to head to, but the socks are like $6.50 each and it casots that much to ship them?!?!?! $13 for apir of socks to be worn once?!?! I don't think so. The socks have to be special too.....Not lace, but have organza on them....otherwise it won't look quite right with the dress! So I've got a boutique to check out near my work and after that, I may just cave in to be 'done', so much for budgeting. Which by the way, budgeting is going horribly........don't ask.

Tomorrow, Husband and I are going shopping for a new suit for him. I know....i'm thinking about the budget too.....anywhoo, he hasn't gotten a new suit since BEFORE my brother got married in 1998. He's a jeans and t-shirt guy.....I know you're thinking, he's low maitnenance again, but the t-shirts have to be certain ones and not black.....::eye roll:: Plus, when he gets a suit, since he doesn't buy one very often, it's gotta be a nice one.....last time I thihnk we spent $500 on the entire ensemble.....The good news is we have two weddings to wear it too! Bad news is, we really got to get it tomorrow. More good news, one of Sweet Pea's favorite cousins is coming to watch them for a few hours tomorrow.

Next I need to find time to get a dress for myself. This is going to be a more-up-scale event and I just must dress the part! ::wink:: A girl can have some fun, can't she?

Speaking of fun!?!?!? Girls night out tonight! The girls will be gathering for snacks, beverages and games or fun! We began getting together BEFORE children entered any of our lives and it's always a good time! It was quite a regular basis gathering. We'd play poker, or try to learn and play poker! I understand that 'bunko' is a housewive's game that ladies get together to just drink. I guess it's a game you don't have to think about when you play.....at least we were trying to learn how to play poker! When children started entering the picture, well, quite honestly, I just didn't have the energy. WE tried a few times, but having recently gotten together in April, or was it May? I think we can start this monthly thing back up! Hooray! With babies sleeping most of the night, at least I've got a little more energy!

Back to the shopping and dress hunt. Well, although I DID win the second weight loss bet with my boss by .3%, yes, that's point three percent! I'd still like to lose another 5.6-ish pounds. More importantly, I'd like to tone up before the wedding. Can I do that in 21 days? Stay tuned to find out! I'm sure gonna try! So that's another 4%....YOU do the math! Congrats! You know my weight!

I guess the only person left is Handsome. I think I need to get him some sandals as he may be going casual. Nana is shortening his pants he had on in his 6 month picture. yep, they still fit.....I think he'll look nice, but it needs to be finished off with sandals.

Husband is convinced he wont be eating at the reception. The wedding doesn't start until 7:00 pm.......I hope he's wrong and gets to enjoy dinner. Somewhat enjoy dinner. Besides, it's the PERFECT excuse to get out of haning out at the reception! Oh, sorry, I've got to go put Handsome down! Husband's barely got rythym and I usually only get a couple dances in anyways! MOre later!
I'll end with a photo taken of a moment with the sprinkler this past weekend! THis was the 'strength' of sprinkler spray that was favored!

2 comments:

Michele said...

I hope you are having a great "girl's night out". It sounds like wedding preparations are moving along well. I think you can get toned alright if you stick to a routine. Is there a weightlifting class or something you can go to? That will help a lot if there is but you might not lose weight as you gain muscle. I feel like I am rambling but just wanted you to know I'll be rooting for you and I hope you will say how you do :).

HMomma said...

Hey Michelle,
Well, that 'start' fake start is out the window. We had a great girls night out on Fri., and I didn't have energy on Sunday, and well, if you read the latest blog, you know how Sunday went.
So, new start today! ; )
Two full weeks to get in some good 'weight loss!'