Monday, June 30, 2008

Unwanted House Guest

I'm all for Disney Land, Disney World, Little Mermaid and all those other cartoons.....It's just when one of those four legged creatures scurry along my family room wall I get a little irritated.

I'm mostly irritated because I told my Husband.....(and that's being nice, lots of other things I'd like to call him now!) a couple weeks ago that I saw a little guy scurry out of the garage. I know I heard "I'll take care of it......... "

So, after a long day and ANOTHER VISIT TO THE EMERGENCY CLINIC, I woke up on the couch proceeded to tell Husband to go to bed and forced myself to stay awake so I could get up too.........Husband was upstairs already and I saw this tiny thing scurry along the wall of the fire place. I'm not sure if it got in by way of the fire place (which is seemingly likely) or through the vent where as our family room is mostly on a slab, except where the vent is.....either way, it totally blows that this creature has accessed my home. Ants are bad enough, but come on?!?!?! a MOUSE!?!?!?

Alright, I do have to remind myself that when I was young, numerous mice were trapped in our crawl space at home. I don't know the numbers, but I remember Mom(or was it Dad) using bread bags to carry out the multiple kills. So I guess I'm a little crazy to think it couldn't happen to me. I'm just irritated that Husband didn't act on my first statement. I don't think we would've had this guy as a problem today......

So, I did set a trap with peanut butter last night. This morning Husband says, you know you have to put something on it. So the little snot ate the peanut butter and the trap never went off. Great.......so he's bringing home some sure-fire 'death traps'. Sorry Mickey!

So, you're probably wondering what happened to get to go the Emergency Clinic again. Well, Sweet Pea woke up Sunday morning at 2:30 am and said her hand hurt. I had feared that maybe she broke her hand in a bouncy house that she had played in at a party earlier that day.
I also knew she reacts badly to mosquito bites. I vaguely could make out a bite on her middle finger. So I give her Motrin (all that was on hand) put some calamine lotion on and call it a night. That morning the swelling is worse and it's not going down and now it's red. Husband gets home
from his building check, cuts the lawn and we decide it's a good idea to take her in before it closes. Just me though, cause you never know how long it's gonna take and Handsome had to take another nap. I believe we got there at 3:30 pm and we didn't get home 'til 7:00 pm....long day.....the Dr. said it was an 'insect bite' (who knows what kind as I checked her bed that night and tore the sheets off .......Also, it could've been at the party we were at and she was reacting to it later)and that her reaction was more so than average.....great......took pictures, will have to download, but right now, I've got to finish some of a report for work.....

Ahhhh, gotta love those jam-packed weekends! I'm grateful to be part-time.

No comments: