Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Good News

Well, one family medical concern has been resolved with good news. The lungs have infiltrate (they say scarring), the cause is unknown, but is not cancerous. Hooray! Of course, a second opinion is recommended, so there's a touch of 'maybe' but probably the infiltrate will remain a non concern.

The second family medical concern results will come at the end of the month........that's much more scary as cancer is already there.

Yesterday, my daughter was insistent on teaching me patience. She is pretty pout-y these days and has learned how to stamp her feet, fold her arms in a huff and say, 'No!' After first getting angry, I quickly realized she needs some attention and she's trying to find out who she is (and how much pull she has). Husband and I surprisingly banded together. Hooray!

She usually is 'unrulely' (if I can even call it that) if she is tired. This weekend I learned that she's likely to wake up several times the night of just having been to a family party. She hasn't learned how to wind down. The first time she woke I now know she wasn't really awake cause she couldn't answer me when I asked what was wrong. I now know to talk to her about happy, friendly, familiar things that I know will put her at ease, " Jake,Dora, Nana, Papa, Amber & Aubrey, etc.", so at least she can go back to sleep. I'm ashamed that I was mad at first, but I was so tired as it was a long party with just me only there. Husband was working. Lame excuse, I know.

Husband had his last 'long' over-time day this past Sat. A few hours this Sat. and that's it.....darn! Ut oh, I stink at scheduling. O'kay, here's what I've done. I signed up Autumn for swim classes on Sat @ 8:15 am, the class ends at 8:50 am. I have a Dr. appointment at 9:00 am, 30 minutes away. Husband, I think, is supposed to go to his last day of over-time this Sat.......arghhhh! I'm sure he'll appreciate knowing this (he takes changes so calmly......Ha!), but at least I can go with him at the start of the class and then run to my own appointment......ahhhhhh! Worst case scenario, Jake goes with me to Dr. and Autumn goes to class with Nana or Papa.......

No comments: