Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wow.!.. .or is it Whoah?!?!

I'm trying to figure out if I'm in a downward emotional spiral because I am unable to keep my house remotely picked up since Sweet Pea's birthday or if it's your typical holiday let down. The tables are packed, or at least WERE packed with stuff, lots of stuff, yesterday. I managed to devote most of the day to cleaning up and putting away a lot of things, but there was still a lot of CRAP! Mostly the dining room table is covered with opened gifts (....read as numerous little-pieced toys by evil present givers. These are the people that should be locked in a closet along with those that give loud, noisy toys too) that do not have a home.....

Having felt overwhelmed since, well, since a couple months after Handsome was born, I think I hit my wall. Cleaning yesterday was very therapeutic, although with the kids playing as I was cleaning, I still didn't get much done. But I managed to get one table cleared (and not hidden), four loads of laundry done, dog pooped picked up (that was an hour - yeah for melted snow!), Sweet Pea's gift connected to the internet..cute web site, PixieHollow.com. Someone did not read the age appropriate for a gift and had to see what it was about. Definitely for girls ages 7 and over, girls who are 4.....not so much..... Progress, not perfection. But come ON PUH-LEASE!!!! Give a Momma a break! I'm torn between feeling fine and feeling like that little bubble on the commercial that bounces along that's sometimes sad, the things that once made me happy (other than my kids) don't (at least all the time), being easily distracted, etc., etc. I think I'm alright though....although I'm sure Husband would give an all together different perspective.....but this isn't his blog is it?!?!

Speaking of whom, he actually scored a positive on the gift giving chart and purchased an i-pod thingy for my car so I can tune in my music. I love it and now I still need to download the rest of my CD's so I can get rid of our space hogging CD player, CDs and whatever else equipment we have in the cabinet upstairs and turn it into a full-fledged toy hut....just so current toys can have an 'out of site' home.

The whole holiday was a whirl-wind and it's not over yet. My Brother is in from out of town with New Wife and we still have to get together with them!

Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the Day After Christmas, the kids were up until about 11:00 pm each night. There schedules are screwed and poor Handsome has one of those 'waterfall booger' colds! So last night I was up with him from 3-4:30 am, and finally I got tired enough, he couldn't get comfortable, so I put him in his bed, said nigh nigh and crashed. But not before he wailed a little while. Who wouldn't want to leave Momma's arms? I felt so bad, but I was so tired. It's one of those colds where the boogies just back up in the back of your throat, and unless you're an adult and can hack those babies out....you kind of hack and choke on them....it's awful to listen to.......my poor poor baby.... With all these late nights and presents, Sweet Pea isn't so 'sweet' more demanding and crabby......yesterday I think we started back on the course to wellness. How do people with more than two kids do it??!?!?!?!? Although, I would love another myself! Even on bad day!!!!! The smiles and sweetness way out-weigh the snottiness.

2009 is fast approaching...I just need to hang onto this part-time gig for a few more years! Shhhhhh! Don't tell Husband! I have to do a major over-haul on my budget though this coming year (My Christmas shopping was very eye-opening! It didn't sotp me from spending, but it was eye-opening!). I hope to get a few extra hours of work here and there in the summer.....we'll see! As long as I don't lose the job!

No comments: