Friday, January 2, 2009

Just Do It!

This is going to be my motto this year. Like a bolt of lightening, it hit me the other day. Don't say I'm going to (insert well intended, but no follow through thought here).....instead..... Just Do It. New Year's Eve I ran around getting many things done. Things that I should've done earlier this month, this year, whatever the case. I'm hoping this sticks with me. I got so much done, I truly had a blank slate for the New Year (almost as I forgot to send a receipt to our insurance 'credit' card for expenses and a gift receipt to my niece). BUT I am not including the things I think of to remember that I actually forget to do.....I know that's weird but you know how you think of something and then start to go do it and forget what you went there for? Well, with 2 kids, a Husband and a dog in the house, that quest can abruptly turn into a request for water, milk, dog feeding, a toy, or helping going potty. So some items were forgotten, but that's minimal for a New Year.

I just realized my Husband does not request much from me......really. He doesn't mention that I've been horrible at housekeeping or cooking (actually I recently got a compliment on an awesome stew I made!!! KUDOS to me!). So, I guess I'm grateful for that. I think my neglect of household duties put a strain on things and I think, or at least feel I'm off to a good start this year. Granted, it's only January 2nd. But hey, I takes what I can get!

I had my family over for the New Year, my folks, brother, sister-in-law and neighbor (I'm her Illinois family! ::wink::) I didn't clean like a mad woman, but made it suitable for all. There are things to do still, as I'm not a miracle worker. BUT, the new toys have homes and the pile (please notice no "s" at the end of the word pile) of paper is workable. I remembered that you'll always have a to-do list, just make sure you keep accomplishing things to check off of that list. Husband got me an electronic 'grocery list' for Christmas. It's actually quite nice, although it seems to me, there's always something to be gotten or that's been forgotten. But I guess that's just like life, there's always something to do.

I hope to take down the Christmas decoration this weekend. The kids will really miss them. It was just such a fun year! They loved their toys. I will post some pictures soon, I am being held captive at work today........

No comments: