Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hello Again!

Well, I've avoided you for too long I see. I am back. I hope in full force.

I have yet again started a 'new me' program....It consists of NOT stuffing my face and trying to work out at least 4 times a week, this includes walking/jogging the dog, and my new found exercise buddy, ON Demand exercise. I've been wandering around this 2 Weeks To A New You choice and I've tried several of the workouts, even doubled up on some and even tripled. Don't get too excited, some of the workouts are only 10 minutes long! But the big deal is today, I've printed myself out the Two Week Plan for the 2 Weeks, New You. I think I can even start tomorrow as it's Friday and I can get in that 30 minute work-out plan with Jillian Michael's (you know, of TV's Biggest Loser).

I am really trying to keep my promise of losing those last 10 pounds, which sadly means getting my bootie in gear and exercising off the weighted thighs and booty. Now, mind you 10 pounds doesn't sound like a lot, but I know my body used to be 'BAM!' Nice abs, nice booty (big, but nice), muscular thighs. Chestal area....not so much BAM, sort of a "HUH?".

So having begun this weird 'diet' of sorts 2 weeks ago, I am at the 'thin' portion of my monthly grind. I weighed myself and I was down 3 pounds from where I started. I'm not holding me to that, as I know I'll gain most of it back in a week. So I need to get down 7.5 more pounds. That is my goal.

At least 2 weeks ago, I purchased a 12 pack of beer ......just for me. I have had several days where I promise myself I can have a beer, however, I first must get things done, such as feed kids lunch, check in at work, do work, do laundry, clean something, set up an appointment, etc. by the end of the day, I don't get that beer and even if I remember close to the end of the night....it's simply NOT worth it to me. Sad, I think that's a sign of being older, even beer has to wait. So the 12 pack remains unopened. What a sad state of affairs?!!? Then, another thought comes to mind.......everyone deserves a good night out don't they? Girls night out hasn't been the same group, nor have we been 'out'. Lots of 'home' parties in Jan and Feb. ..... too many really. I'm still broke! One more to go, then we're hopefully done and can get down to cheap nights with lots of laughs!

Weee!.......? Tomorrow I begin!

No comments: