Wednesday, February 25, 2009

BFF

Well, last night I spoke to my High School BFF whom I hadn't spoke to in 13 years!?!?!? After Junior College we kind of parted ways, she went off to College and I stayed home and went to a local college. I met Husband during College and when I spoke to her about Husband I unknowingly filtered much of the information and mostly spoke of the things that were wrong and included nothing that was positive. My theory is she probably couldn't understand why I would want to stay with this guy, and if I had heard only what I had told her, I would've thought the same. That's my guess as to why we split as friends even further. It's a guess......but I always knew Husband had a good heart, and he still does.

After the 1.5 hour phone call I lay in bed thinking of a few embarrassing things that happened while we were BFF in High School (ughh......don't want to even go through one of them), but also the many fun times we had which way out-weighed the negatives. She and I were inseparable in High School. Although we hadn't spoken for years, I felt that pang in my stomach when she told me about the fall out with her husband. I even welled with some tears. Strange, I was so sad that she was hurt even though I hadn't talked to her in so long.

I have now learned that people are in your life for a reason, some to stay, some to not stay and I'm o'kay with that. Perhaps we'll meet up in the future, perhaps not, but it was sure good to talk with her!

Big day tomorrow! Fashion Show at pre-school! My little starlet is so excited to walk on the TABLE....errrr 'runway'!!!!

No comments: