Monday, December 22, 2008

Almost Here!

Yes, Christmas is almost here. My two tables in my house are piled up with crap. Remember when I said I was a 'pile-er'. I wasn't kidding. Sweet Pea's birthday gifts are still left on one of the tables. The other is stacked with bills, papers, receipts, and I'm sure a couple sippy cups....Husband hates coming home to that, and I have to admit, it's to the point where something needs to be done.....so, that's what I'll be doing this weekend.....I know, it's only Monday.

Here's what I did get done this weekend. In a fast furry, I got cards done. **NOTE** This means thank you cards for Sweet Pea's birthday AND quick addressing of envelopes for this picture to go out with it!
My wonderfully awesome niece came over for four hours so I could shop (also Husband) on Saturday. Big SMOOCHES for that!!!!! I got about 90% of the shopping done. WOW, does it make a difference to do all the shopping in a shorter amount of time!!! I really saw how much I spent and I can't believe it was that much.....I didn't even go CRAZY!!! Wow!!! So not looking forward to later years. Or bills to come in.....

Handsome was a toughie to buy for this year.......there's just so much that he has and already plays with!!!! Definitely a motivator to get out and 'clean out' the baby toys in the basement.

Other than that, it's freezing here.....literally! I looked at my remote thermometer at 5:00 am this morning and it read 2.2 degrees. When Mom arrived, it read .6 degrees. Winter has come fast and furious this time around! The wind just blows, I mean that literally too! Although it is not to the point where it is taking my breath away......yet.....

Yesterday, I forced myself to take Sweet Pea to Sunday School and went back for church. I am bummed that typical attendees from our family are my Mom, myself and my daughter. Handsome is just breaking out of his two nap a day schedule, so he may be joining us soon....With the new pastor in his 2nd year, our church is more barren than last. It's sad. I've got many things to say about that, but not here. This is my biatch blog about my Husband, so let's get back to him.

I was told that once again, my list for Christmas lacked 'interesting' things. Too bad, just follow the list. Times Husband did not follow the list, I received roller blades, and a few other items I can't recall that I use just as much..... :: eye roll::

Girls night out occurred this past weekend. It was fun, although there was a new attendee and although I met her a couple times, I think I may have offended her during a password game. I just dont' think she was used to my facial gestures.......I was the oldest in attendance......the next oldest person was the 'new girl' and I thought there was at least a connection as we had the same birthday, a year apart, but still.....how weird is that? i thought I could detect some similarities....we both liked to jump into conversations and get our stories/comments in! Ha!

I tortured myself and jumped on the scale this morning.....up a pound.....I am committed to the weight loss plan and am re-affirming my resolve to lose all that I want to by March 21st.....
I have to tell myself this as three of the next 5 days will be food, family and food.....Today was bring a dish day to work.....THAT did not help with the plan either. Although, I have avoided the lunch room for the rest of the day! Baby steps, think baby steps!

No comments: