Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Milestones

OMG!!! Well, my first big brag is that Sweet Pea lost her first tooth and isn't even 5 yet!!!! She went into to get her permanent molars sealed. She's got 3 in already, one more to go. The hygienist bumped the already extremely loose teeth and suggested I pull them tonight. They were so loose while I was buckling her up, I asked her if she wanted me to pull one out. I was shocked when she said yes! It came out so fast and a little blood with some gauze to catch it and it was done! I was weepy in the car and now writing this. O M G...... she's growing up so, so fast! Happy and sad at the same time! We're waiting for Daddy to get home for the surprise! Yes, I've already taken pictures but I don't have my downloading thingamajig.....I think for some reason, it's at work.....arrrghhhh! So I'll be posting pictures tomorrow....sometime.

I've got to work again tomorrow, I've got two projects to work on. This hasn't happened in a while so I'm a little motivated and happy!!

This morning I applied to a school for a Masters of Arts Degree to teach Secondary Schools (grades 6-12), or something like that. I ordered my transcripts to be sent to both the school and myself. After hearing and reading what is what was needed to obtain my teaching certificate, I have this quiver in my stomach that I won't even come close to what would be necessary and I'll have to take a ton of make up courses. Let's just say that I am NOT a good test taker. I attended EVERY college class sober, none hung over, none sick. I believed I missed one day of school, which was one class, the entire four years of college. It was always such a challenge for me, school that is. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Geography and Environmental Planning. If I ever wanted to improve my grades in school, I always took a math or art class. Geography intrigues me. I found it interesting, the locations, the cultures, the everything.....I loved social studies in school and subscribed to National Geographic. I had researched into this once before. A couple of years ago, maybe even three before Handsome was born. I didn't have much spousal support then and not too much now, but I think I owe it to myself to do a little research to see what it would take.

Today my brother is going on a hiking/rafting adventure on the Nile River in New Zealand. I find it ironic that one Brother is currently on a National Geographic trip to New Zealand and his twin Brother thought it was awesome to go on an Alaskan cruise including a helicopter trip to a glacier. I heard all about what I had learned in school, but no one wanted to hear about it then......ironic isn't it? Guess I'll just have to dream about trips like that........for now.....

No comments: