Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Information Night

Tonight I'm heading to a local college to see what it will take to be a teacher. I'd like to teach High School, would love art, but will settle for earth science. I've had enough goings on with work, and this afternoon again I've been told there's a 'big board meeting'. My brain hurts with all the meetings that have occurred already. The aftermath of these meetings, usually 1-2 months later, there are lay-offs. My luck they'll let me go and I'll have begun my schooling. There's a program that I can attend that'll take 18 months (or so) and $20K.....got that in my back pocket.....right! I'm a big believer in signs so perhaps this IS the best time to do this. The very least I can do is get my transcripts and go over them with a counselor.

I wasn't that fantastic of a student. My grades kind of blew in college and if I needed to pick up my grades, I took an Art class or a Math class. Studying for tests and stress wipes me out mentally and I usually end up with stress headaches after tests and long days. I'm having one right now, but I'm not sure why THAT is....

So here's a picture of the kids from Halloween.




The picture was taken BEFORE Handsome took a header into the neighbor's driveway. He slipped on his trick-or-treat bag and face-planted in the driveway. Nothing makes you feel crappier than hearing that echo of a thud when your child's head hits something so hard. He didn't even get to say trick-or-treat. My poor sweet boy! Sweet Pea and I traveled the neighborhood, but I was anxious the entire time just wanting to get home. Thankfully, the weather was cold and it went fast. His badge of courage is road rash next to his mouth and a little on his lip. I have no idea how he missed falling on his nose, chin, and not hurting himself more than he did.

No comments: