Thursday, November 20, 2008

Birthday Drama

Well, yesterday was Husband's birthday. My shopping didn't even get started until AFTER the TV guy showed up to fix it. Of course, the thing needs a part that needs to be ordered, that will take two years to come in.....well, maybe not two years, but in the mean time I have a 'wee' TV set up which quite honestly, stinks that we don't have our big boy. I actually have to use my glasses to see the little one......crap!

Just as I was whining to my Mom that the repair man never called the door bell rang....it was him....of course. Speaking in some rough English, he said 'oh, you are home'?!? Uh, yeah, I've been waiting for your call since this morning! So as he says this I'm in my sweats and t-shirt, Sweet Pea is in her undies and undershirt after refusing to put her fuzzy pj's with footies back on......Have I mentioned that I just Love 3+ year olds?!?!?! So while repair guy goes back to his truck to grab his tools, I wisp away up stairs to throw on some jeans (and a bra-not that it matters for me mind you), put Sweet Pea in some clothes and grab Handsome out of his bed.....Dang?!?!? AFTER I put on new pants because his diaper could not hold it all in!!!!

So, repair guy appears to be very afraid of our wuss dog.....she's very non-threatening, but if a big, threatening looking broken-english speaking guy is fearful of her, then I guess that's enough for me! The kids are entertained by this guy and I hurry to fix lunch. I know what he's gonna tell me, it's the same thing as the last time! UggghhhH! This TV has just been a lemon for us! So much so that Husband wants ME to write a letter to the manufacturer about the TV that HE bought! I'll just add that to my list dear! So alphabet soup and cantaloupe fills the bellies of my peanuts and we are off the toy store! I do have to throw a Kudo's to the repair man for knocking back on the door to check on my phone number, which was wrong.....of course.

The kids did surprisingly well at Toys R Us. I got some great ideas for Sweet Pea and Handsome did alright as well. Bad news? They didn't have the large Lego's 'plate' that I wanted.....we sufficed with additional building blocks and a Diego set (we already had Dora!).

Having spent a little too much time at Toys R Us, we hurried to the grocery store.....pork tenderloin, gravy (still have to learn how to make that), apples for Husband's apple pie and milk. We run home and it's quarter to 3. I let the kids watch 15 minutes of a cartoon before wisping them up to their rest. Both not very happy and handsome took FOREVER to fall asleep!

I make the pie.

I wrap the two presents.

I throw the tenderloins in.

Husband comes home.

"Happy Birthday! How was your day?" Now, I know the response will include some Bit@H about something at work and he says...."Fine, until the end." I get some long winded story about yet another co-worker who doesn't inform him of their plans for the day, particularly the end of his day...which includes him. I'd get mad if no-one informed me, that at 4:50 pm, I had to do something that takes at least 40 minutes, which they could've informed me about a day, week or month ago! I know he's frustrated, I'd get frustrated too.

He then tells me 'you don't have to go the trouble of a nice dinner......" Really? Because he tells me every chance he can about the time I didn't give him a card for our anniversary...or was it birthday? Arrrgghhhh! Also, what's the purpose of a birthday if someone doesn't go out of their way for you?! A home-made dinner, a card (that I didn't forget), gifts from the kids, and we are to go out to dinner the Friday after Thanksgiving........

I know what men really want for their birthday, but quite honestly, by this time I was too tired to care, plus I wasn't even showered for fear of missing the repairman's call earlier in the day....I know, gross!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Damn Men. Do you really need him at this point? Really? ha ha!

Hey, what is up with dinner on Friday? You're taking away my date night? So rude. :-)

HMomma said...

Awwww! Big Hug! My niece is heading off to Europe and she'd like to watch the kids before she goes! = (
How can I tell her no? She'll be watching them this Fri......I haven't even read my Blog! Hey you're a busy girl lately!