Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jedi Moves.....

My Jedi moves allowed me to maneuver between the 'AX MAN'S' swings! He swung low and high, luckily, I was not necessarily in the middle, but more like hiding in my cove. Today, there were several people, who, at the end of the day, were no longer working with me at my company. I was told that I was safe. But in today's market.....who's really 'safe'?

I'm sad, my stomach hurts, my brain hurts and I'd love to just head home and have a few beverages of choice with family and friends. So, where does that leave me? Well, I'm not so sure. I guess I'm all right until mid-spring. I like the fact that they didn't wait until the holidays and was told that the people who were let go today, was purely for business reasons, not for performance. However, if things don't 'pick up' by spring, I think everybody's screwed. I'm sure I'd be on the 'to go' list. I pray it doesn't get to that. I'm hopeful, but we'll see.

I'm looking forward to home today.....which it's just about that time!

I, just like everybody else, is hoping for a better tomorrow!

1 comment:

Michele said...

1st of all I love the title of the post and the thought of you dodging the ax is priceless. Everyday as I watch the stock market go up and then down I pray that things are going to improve. For people's jobs, for houses (esp. ours), just in general for peace of mind. And of course I hope that we can bring home our troops while still having relative peace in the world. Boy I have big wishes huh? Anyway I am so glad you still have your job and hope things pick up so you won't need to be biting your nails again in the spring!