Monday, April 28, 2008

Celebrations.....

This past Sat. I went to a lavish surprise birthday party. A cocktail hour with hors deserves , live music (one guy with a guitar-but very good), and a dinner......Get this, for someone who was turning 30.......30?!?!?!?!?!? How do you top that?!

The invite said no gifts, so you know there were those who brought and those who disregarded and brought anyways. Now, this is my friend, my daughter's Godmother......I know when her birthday is and will give a gift on that day AND I abided by the wishes of the party thrower....

That' said, the food was wonderful, music was great, company was fabulous, at least who I was with.......but in the midst of if all......was the Steppford's wives club. I don't quite know when it happened, but this friend, my best friend, jumped into a world of outward perfection presentation..... Now, I know everyone has their quirks and I recall my friend telling me that none of these ladies would give her the time of day when she originally became a stay-at-home Mom.............Anyways, it was a lovely celebration, I had a nice time and I need to spend more time with one of my best friends!

Typing this today is difficult. I have Baby Girl on my lap......begging to play a computer game and I still have to work.........bummer!

Until later!

No comments: