Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well, for the past two weeks I've been healing and so has Handsome. My recovery from vericose vein surgery went relatively smoothly. I'm still bruised and I think two areas of stitching were rather deep and will probably scar, but what can you do? I feel as if I have aged, only because who, before they are 40, gets vericose veins removed in their leg?!?!?!? The awesome news is that even though there's been some wicked weather, hot, cool, cold, raininy, snowy, my leg has never felt better! Weee! I was shocked when insurance said yes, I was just preparing for a long battle after they said 'no' to the surgery, but they didn't! I and the ladies in the Dr.s office were shocked. Hooray for Husband's Insurance coverage!

Handsome's surgery is another delicate matter, literally. Regarding that surgery I will only say, I'm so glad we did it now that he's so young and not do it when he's older.......The recovery is very difficult in such a sensitive area, but he's such a sweet little boy, most of the day you'd never know he had surgery a week ago!
You know, they say kids heal faster, but I can't imagine how long it would take to heal if he were older! He shivers at every diaper change.....my poor sweet strong little man! I'm still nervous about everything healing appropriately and avoiding infection, they say the percentage of the area becoming infected is remote....but as a Momma, you still worry! By the way, I wouldn't recommend having ANY parents remove the 'bandage' as it comes off after surgery, it was heart-wrenching......the nurses prepared us well and said to just keep going and get it over with.....we did it, or Husband did it.....

I'm guessing he'll be able to handle a drive down to St. Louis for Easter. I'm looking orward to happy posts!

An aroma from a certain diaper is calling, I bid you farewell for today!

No comments: